• 15.8.16

    THE LA GIRL PRO CONCEALER: MY VERDICT

    I’ve been into makeup for many years now, however over the past year or so, I’ve taken a particular interest in base products (primers, foundations, concealers etc.) and I’m always on the hunt for the perfect combination that will give me a really perfected base. The LA Girl Pro Concealer is a beauty product that has really taken many beauty enthusiasts by surprise, particularly regarding its quality and affordability. I’ve been using this product for a couple of months now and it has become a nice addition to my makeup bag!

    THE PRODUCT
    This concealer is an evenly pigmented product with a formula that’s easy to blend. In all honesty, I thought it would be a full coverage concealer as it says “HD” on the packaging, but this is more of a medium, but buildable coverage concealer and when set with powder, I don’t find that it creases under the eyes. This concealer also has a brush tip applicator, which I’m not normally fond of, but I actually like the way that it applies the product onto the face, as I then use a beauty blender to blend it in. There are at least 20 shades available, including orange, green and purple to counteract various areas of concern, such as pigmentation, veins and redness etc. An added bonus of this product is the versatility that it has due to the array of shades. When I first got my concealers, it took a lot of pressure to actually relieve the product inside as there was a lot of air in it, which meant not only that the product looked fairly used and misshapen after it’s first use, but also there’s not as much product as you would think there is.

    HOW I USE IT
    I have this concealer in three shades, fawn, toffee and mahogany. As I have different shades, I can use this one product in more than one way. I initially bought toffee to conceal, but it was lighter than I had anticipated (it’s hard to gauge the correct shade from online swatches) so I use it to highlight, which is the same way I use fawn. Mahogany is one of the darkest shades available and I use this to contour my temples, cheekbones and jawline and as it’s quite cool tone, it imitates the appearance of a shadow. So I use these concealers to contour and highlight and I’ll be purchasing a more appropriate shade to conceal blemishes.

    WHERE TO BUY & PRICE
    Unfortunately, the LA Girl concealer isn’t available from any renowned drugstores such as CVS, Boots, Duane Reade and Superdrug, however it is available online, particularly from eBay and Amazon, as well as in store in some hair shops. I personally purchase mine from Amazon. These concealers are extremely affordable as they tend to retail between £3-4, each which keeps it inexpensive even when purchasing more than one.

    Have you tried this concealer? What do you think?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx