• 9.8.16

    MUST HAVE EYE BRUSHES

    There are so many various eye brushes on the market, some are good, however many are quite frankly, crap. I have probably, more brushes than I need, however there are a handful of brushes that I know I can rely on and use on a daily, if not weekly basis. You might notice a pattern in the brush brands that I opt for, usually Real Techniques, Zoeva and MAC. In a previous post (here), I compiled my favourite base brushes, so it’s time for a roundup of my must have eye brushes.


    Blending Eyeshadow Brush – MAC 217 Brush: This is the absolute best eyeshadow brush, not only for blending but it also applies product nicely too. It also helps any shoddy eyeshadow look appear a lot more perfected and buffed out preventing any harsh lines.

    Lower Lash Line / Smudge Brush – Models Own Blending Brush: Although this is labeled as a ‘blending brush’ this is more of a pencil brush, which works well at applying eyeshadow to the lower lash line, or smudging out eyeliner, for a softer, less-polished look.

    Crease Blending Brush – Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush: I personally really like this take on a blending brush. The angle makes it easy to blend out the crease or even when applying a transition shade and blending it out.

    Packing On Product – Zoeva Flat Shader Brush: I like this brush when I’m going for an intense look to pack on product, as it’s a dense brush. This works particularly well when dealing with glitter shadows.

    Detail – Real Techniques Accent Brush: This is great for applying small detail to the eyes. Whether it’s highlight to the inner corner or shimmer to the centre of the lid. This also concentrates eyeshadow to the lower lash line, however it’s more precise than the Models Own blending brush.

    Eyebrows / Wing Liner – Zoeva Wing Liner: Despite the initial name ‘wing liner’, I use this more to apply concealer to sharpen up my brows. Being it’s angled and very fine and it precisely apples it to the arch of my brows.

    Spoolie – Daniel Sandler Brow Groomer: This is an essential for me when I’m doing my brows. This is a good quality brush that isn’t in any way flimsy and brushes my brow hairs in the same direction.

    What are your favourite brushes for the eyes?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx