• 11.11.15

    NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER vs MAYBELLINE FIT ME

    If you’ve been an avid reader of my blog, you’ll know that the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer has been a firm favourite of mine for such a long time, to the point that I’ve repurchased it over six times. I recently picked up the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer when I was in the States a couple weeks ago. These two concealers are said to be very similar, to the point where the Maybelline Fit Me concealer is considered a dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer.

    One thing that I didn’t expect with the Nars concealer was how thick the consistency is. I’ve been blending this concealer out with my fingers and a beauty blender for a more natural finish, however when I first used it, I realised that it took a little bit longer to blend in than the Maybelline concealer. The Maybelline concealer has a much runnier consistency and therefore, easier to blend. The Nars concealer has a slightly higher coverage than the Maybelline concealer. When I use this, I don’t need to use as much of the product as I would usually need with the Maybelline concealer because a little goes a long way as it’s so pigmented. The Maybelline concealer has more of a light coverage, that’s buildable to be medium coverage. However, I can and do use both concealers on both under eye circles and blemishes. Unlike the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, consisting of six shades, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer has a few more at ten shades, however with a more versatile shade range, varying from shades for the palest of skin tones to some of the darker skin tones.

    With regards to which one I would recommend, I’m a bit torn between the two, to be honest. I’d recommend the Nars concealer for the wider shade range and for a higher coverage. However I would recommend the Maybelline concealer, for the price point as a good cheaper alternative for a great quality product!

    Have you tried either of these? What are your favourites?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I've not tried either of these although I do love the sound of the Nars one purely because it seems to be everyone's favourite. I will try the Maybelline one though because who doesn't love a cheaper alternative!
      Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Definitely. If you like one, you'll most likely like the other one too x

        Delete
    2. I love how thick the NARS one is, I haven't found anything quite like it

      https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Same, and even though it is thick, it's still easy to blend x

        Delete
    3. Anonymous11/11/15

      I love the Maybelline concealer! I've been wanting to try the NARS concealer, but I've been on the fence about it!

      xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. If you can, I'd definitely recommend it! x

        Delete
    4. thank you for the review and doing a comparison
      xx
      http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx