• 25.8.15

    MY ANALOGY OF THE MAYBELLINE PORE ERASER PRIMER

    If you’re an avid reader of my blog, you’ll probably know that the Maybelline Pore Eraser primer is a firm favourite of mine. Until recently, I never used any other primer than this for well over a year. Despite my love for this product, a large mass of people didn’t take to this product too well. One day when I whilst sitting at my dressing table, I think I had some sort of epiphany and realised why this product doesn’t fair well with many people.

    When it comes to my eyes, I have really oily eyelids and can’t wear eyeshadow without a primer and because of this, I’ve tried my fair share of eye primers. I’ve tried eye primers such as the Rimmel Exaggerate, MUA Primer etc. that are all silicon based. Therefore it doesn’t create a barrier between the oil and the eyeshadow and then my eyeshadow creases, even with one of these primers. Then it dawned on me that a similar thing must happen on the actual face. If you use the Maybelline Pore Eraser and you have oily skin, you most likely won’t get on well with this product, as it won’t really create that barrier between the oil and your base. Instead, you may want something of a thicker consistency and also silicon-free. I have normal to dry skin and therefore, oil control isn’t something that I need in a face primer, which is why I enjoy using this Maybelline Pore Eraser primer.


    What’s your take on this product? Do you get on well with it?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. You might be right, I have really oily skin and I've been trying to use this for a couple of weeks and I think I dislike it even more every time I try it! x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, if you have oily skin, you'll probably want something of a thicker consistency x

        Delete
    2. I want to try this so badly, but I haven't found it on sale in Austria yet! I also heard that it's a dupe for the Benefit's Porefessional!

      xoRosie
      Rosie's Life

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You should try and find an independent stockist who may sell it! &yes it is a dupe, however better in my opinion! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx