• 17.1.15

    THE NOTORIOUS LUMINOUS SILK

    One of the most infamous products loved by most bloggers is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. It was on my shopping list for the longest part of about 10 months (crazy, I know) until i finally bit the bullet and purchased it whilst in Central London with a friend.

    The foundation is really nice and dewy and gives a your skin but better look as it evens out the skin tone and gives a natural and healthy silky finish. It has a sheer coverage but can be built up to a medium coverage without looking cakey, if applied in thin layers.  There are 21 shades available, ranging from the palest of shades to the darkest. I have shade 14 which is slightly too dark as I got colour matched in the summer when I was slightly darker, however I do still use it in the winter to naturally contour my face.

    This foundation is suitable for all skin types, even if you have dry skin. I have combination skin (so dry in some areas) and I don’t find the foundation to enhance any dry areas.  I love the packaging, which is simple, sleek and sophisticated. It’s an odd shaped bottle, a hybrid between an oval and a circle with a shiny black lid with the logo embossed.


    I would definitely recommend this foundation as there’s nothing I can fault other than the price (£35) although I’m probably going to end up purchasing another shade for when I’m slightly lighter. Have you tried this foundation? What do you think about it?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx