• 14.12.14

    MAKEUP COLLECTION & STORAGE | VANITY TOUR


    A makeup collection and storage tour is well and truly overdue. I actually wanted to do a post at the beginning of the year, however I still wasn’t one hundred percent happy with my set up. My makeup table is the Malm Dressing Table from IKEA, which is great as it holds a lot, yet looks really neat and sleek at the same time. To go with my dressing table, I also have a little white stool to sit at whilst doing my makeup. I recently finally got my hands on the notorious acrylic drawers from MUJI (just my luck that whenever I go to MUJI they’re out of stock) and I’ve somewhat streamlined my makeup into four pairs of wide drawers so that I would only have products that I genuinely use on a regular basis. I have a lovely chic mirror from IKEA and it’s really big and has a nice way in which it stands and allows me to store some of my most reached things, but still keeping them out of sight. I pop my eye and face brushes in tall glasses and tend to balance my eyelash curlers on one of them and I also have two smaller glasses with the same design to house my cotton pads and cotton buds.


    I’m a little OCD and like things to be in order, so I’ve organised my makeup in order of application. In the first drawer I have foundations and primers. Ranging from bb creams to full coverage foundations such as The Body Shop BB Cream and the ByTerry Cover Expert foundation. I only have a handful of primers for instance the Maybelline Pore Eraser, Bourjois Happy Light and a cute sample of the Benefit Porefessional. In the second drawer, I have concealers and powders. I’m pretty strict and already streamlined in the concealer and powder department as I don’t tend to try out different ones, because once I find a powder or concealer that I like, I continue to stick to what I know. Onto the following drawers I have my blushers, bronzers and contour. I have an on-off relationship with blushers and I go through phases of loving them and then sometimes I’d rather substitute it for highlight. I have a few brow products peeking through the back as they had nowhere else to go and it’s still somewhat in order of application, of course I have my Soap&Glory Archery and the Maybelline Brow Drama. In the final drawer of this tower, I have an entire drawer dedicated to highlighters varying from powders, to liquids, to mousses. 

    In the second tower of MUJI goodness, I have eye shadows and primers in the first drawer. I have a lot of cream eyeshadows as well as single shadows and semi-pressed pigments. With regards to primer, I have the Rimmel Exaggerate primer as well as my trustee Urban Decay Primer Potion. In the next drawer I have all of my mascaras and eyeliners. As you can tell I currently love the Maybelline the Rocket mascara and I also have a thing for the Collection Felt Tip Liner. In the following drawer, I have lip crayons, liners, glosses and lacquers. I’m quite a fan of the Maybelline Coloursensational Glosses as well as the Rimmel Apocalips. Other than that, I’m not really a fan of lip glosses; I’m definitely more of a lipstick/lacquer person! On the subject of lipsticks, the following drawer contains most of my lipsticks, I’m obsessed with deep vampy shades as I feel they compliment any skin tone perfectly! As you can see, I’ve been through a few lipstick phases such as the Maybelline Colour Whisper, Rimmel Kate Moss and the Revlon Lip Butters! 
    In the drawers of my dressing table, I have a variety of goodies! Firstly, I have my nail polishes and treatments in clear acrylic drawers too featuring some Essie, Models Own, OPI and some others. I have inserts from IKEA to keep everything in order. I have the overspill of my makeup such as foundations, lipsticks and brow pencils. I also have some necessities such as deodorant and makeup remover and my daily essentials such as my current moisturisers and piercing solution. I also have some boring bits like sharpeners, tweezers and a beauty sponge. On the far side of the drawers, I have all of my palettes ranging from my mac palette to my Charlotte Tilbury quad!

    So that’s it for my makeup collection and storage, I hope it gave you some ideas or inspiration for something you might like as I personally love watching and reading other people’s!

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx